We are adopting two adorable girls who have a little something extra, Down Syndrome!
We are excited to add them to our family.
We will use this blog to update family and friends on our adoption progress and fundraising efforts.
Just joining us? Click on the 2011 posts in the archive to find out why we are adopting the girls.

Getting Discouraged Already!

You think after all of our adoptions, I would learn patience.  Nope!  I am incredibly impatient.  Today I hit a wall.  I hate the adoption process!  I hate paperwork and that everything is soooooooo slow!  I just want to go get the girls.  It has been a month and a half and I feel like we have made little to no progress
:(. 

Sure we have signed a lot of things, sure we have gathered tons of paperwork, sure we have had to bug friends and relatives, doctors, realtors, employers etc for recommendations.  Sure we have had background checks and child abuse screenings.  But none of this so far has been seen by the foreign government.   There are several steps to get it all there.  Several approvals that must be had.  And so our family stays seperated. 

And we are only a month into the 6-12 month process!!  How am I possibly going to stay sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment