We are adopting two adorable girls who have a little something extra, Down Syndrome!
We are excited to add them to our family.
We will use this blog to update family and friends on our adoption progress and fundraising efforts.
Just joining us? Click on the 2011 posts in the archive to find out why we are adopting the girls.

Name Game for Maria




Seriously Mindy?! Ivy Grove or Lily Grove?! I LOVE both Ivy and Lily but we cannot use them with our last name!! ;)




Ok, here are the rules to the name game everyone!



*No flower or plant names (not with Grove)

*No more then 6 letters. But less is better.

*Easy to pronounce.

*The less letters with curves the better. Straight lines are easier to write. Feel free though to include letters that when capatilized do not have a curve. For example, lower case e is HARD but upper case E is easy.

*We prefer that the name not start with the following letters (we already have kids whose names start with these letters and so it will make name signs more difficult): Z, M, E, A, L, C, N, T, J

*Has to go well with the middle name Cherie
 
*You can only submit names if you will not be offended if we mock you or at the very least not chose the name ;)

7 comments:

  1. How about Faith, Grace, or Hope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fay or Faye, Hailey, Val, Hillari, Holli

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout Angie? Just kidd'in... I like kind of different names... feel free to mock...
    Lydia
    Ever
    Lyric
    Sophie
    Sasha (Russian, I know, no s's)
    Addie
    Teya

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATE or Russian KATYA means "pure". Is the middle name with a "ch" or a "sh" sound? If ch sound, the K and the Ch, don't really work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halle
    Kai
    Katy
    Page
    Beth
    Kara
    Rana (Capital R's can be hard though...)

    Now names that breaks your first initial rule, but simple to write:
    Jill
    Ella
    May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aspen!!! Ha ha! I was going to say Abbie because that's one of the few names Anya can say clearly. But it looks like the A is already taken. Hmmmm. I'm not good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...I am laughing so hard right now. I didn't even consider "our" last name!!!

    Of course...one of my favorite boy names is Forrest. But Forrest Grove...I was telling Daniel this when we were first married and laughing pretty hardily about it... then he told me his grandpa's name was Forrest. Ah well...not the first time to put my foot in my mouth...not the last!

    I don't know...the name Lily is just SO CUTE!!!

    I love Hallie...I am hearing Hal Lee... is this right? Not Hay Lee or Holly.

    ReplyDelete