We are adopting two adorable girls who have a little something extra, Down Syndrome!
We are excited to add them to our family.
We will use this blog to update family and friends on our adoption progress and fundraising efforts.
Just joining us? Click on the 2011 posts in the archive to find out why we are adopting the girls.

3rd visit with Alisa, 2nd with Hallie

Today we got to visit both girls!

The road out to Alisa's orphanage was super icey!  We saw several car accidents along the way.  But fortunately, we made it there safe and sound.  Alisa was not nearly as hyper this time, it gave me hope that we may survive the plane. She actually focused her attention long enough to play with some toys (musical ones are her favorite). Towards the end of our visit she became a lot more affectionate to us as well which warmed my heart.  Due to road conditions, we will not be going back this trip.  We left not knowing this which made it better because otherwise I would have been quite hysterical saying goodbye again.  It also helps that she happily plays with us and then happily leaves us.  She seems content with the strange Americans coming and going. 

Hallie was kind of tired this afternoon but just as adorable.  She has the most beautiful smile!  She loves rattles and when mom sings.  She HATES bearing weight in her legs.  She is just a super mellow, happy child though.  The girls really are total opposites in many ways!

Alisa's orphanage has asked that we bring children's walkers (little up to adult size) on our next trip.  So we will be madly searching for them. 

Hallie's orphanage told us that 70% of the children adopted are girls so they have LOTS of boys who need families.  Most of the children we have seen at her orphanage have been boys.  Hallie's orphanage has children up to age 4.  Anyone missing a boy?

I am really missing my kids back home today.  It gives me such comfort that they are being lovingly care for.  Thank you sooooooooo much to those who are so generously helping!!  I can't wait to get back and hear about all their adventures.  I do not do well away from my children (the only trips my hubby and I ever make are for adoptions because we hate being away from them).  It is such a strange torn feeling not wanting to leave my girls here but at the same time, I can't wait to get home to my children there.  It will be a sweet experience to have everyone together so that we can feel whole.

There have been no comments, so I am not sure if anyone is reading.  Maybe I will hold the pictures from today hostage until I hear from you ;).

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading every one! and so enjoying them. Our 1 adopted daughter with DS is also very,very active! Our adopted son with DS is 2 and cannot bear weight on his legs either and boy is he getting heavy to carry.Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your girls are just beautiful and we love them so very much. We are praying for peace that passes all understanding and health for all of you. Hallie is just adorable I pray nothing but blessings for your sweet princesses

    ReplyDelete