We are adopting two adorable girls who have a little something extra, Down Syndrome!
We are excited to add them to our family.
We will use this blog to update family and friends on our adoption progress and fundraising efforts.
Just joining us? Click on the 2011 posts in the archive to find out why we are adopting the girls.

The Adoption Race

For the past two months we have been taking one step forward, two steps back with this adoption process.  Which makes it feel like we are further behind then when we first started ;).  I am starting to feel like the hamster running in his wheel.  Am I just pretending that I am making progress when really we are just spinning our wheels?  We have been super busy but I don't think that actually counts as progress.  How do you do it day after day Mr. Hamster without getting totally discouraged?  The answer: learn how to enjoy the journey.   Easier said then done.

So I am going to try to stop focusing so much on the girls and my desire to bring them home, and more on trying to enjoy the journey: appreciating all the miracles that are happening, God's involvement in our family, the amazing new friends and people I am meeting along the way, the generosity of strangers to our adoption fund, the changes that are happening in people's mind set, all of it.  Maybe it will make this stress-case mom chill out a little :).  Because honestly, so far, the stressing out has done very little but give me a ulcer (literally).

No comments:

Post a Comment